Image Map

End of the Year Memory Book

The end of the year is fast approaching and it's time for one of my favorite activities to do with my students! I love when my students receive their yearbooks and we get to take a look at our school year in review. All the kiddos get so excited to be able to sign each others yearbooks with little notes in each others books to remember their classmates through out the years. But sometimes, I have students that do not or aren't able to order a yearbook and I don't want them to miss out on the fun!

So I created these fun little books for my kiddos to make so that everyone has a chance to get in on the fun! They are very easy to make and the kiddos love the fact that they are mini books that they can add to their yearbooks or keep as a separate keepsake. 

Assembly for the books is rather simple. It only takes a minute to make and it's just a few simple steps!

First, copy the number of pages that you need front to back on your printer or copier. Stack them and make one cut down the middle.


Next, take your two stacks and lay them one on top of the other. 



Last, fold them in half and a couple of staples! Quick, easy and super cute!




Once I have made them, we discuss ways to write a sweet and caring message. We review writing a greeting, body and closing to a letter and how we can incorporate adjectives and character traits to show our friends that we are being thoughtful as we write to them. 

You will be amazed at how much thought the students put into their messages. I even make one for myself and have the kiddos write to me and they absolutely LOVE that...talk about getting teary when I read their sweet thoughts!

They turn out so darling and the students really enjoy adding their own personal touch to their very special memory book. 


Hope you enjoy this activity as much as my students and I have throughout the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment